Faculty Time Line

1945

Establishment of Car Specialty (Oddziału Samochodowego) at Hipolit Wawelberg and Stanisław Rotwand School of Engineering

1949-1951

Establishment of new divisions with car specialties:

  • Engines
  • Car Construction
  • Tractors and special vehicles
  • Car electrotechnics
  • Exploitation and Technology Management
  • Technology of Manufacturing Processes

1947

Establishment of Car Construction Department at the Faculty of Mechanics at Warsaw University of Technology.

1951

Amalgamation of Hipolit Wawelberg and Stanislaw Rotwand Engineering School and Warsaw University of Technology.

1951

Establishment of Car Division at the Faculty of Mechanics at Warsaw University of Technology.

1953

Establishment of The Faculty of Automobiles and Tractors with Departments of:

  • Automobiles
  • Tractors
  • Tractors and Special Vehicles
  • Mechanical Vehicles Construction Engineering
  • Mechanical Vehicles Maintenance Technology
  • Mechanics

1960

Restructuring of mechanical faculties at Warsaw University of Technology.

  • Establishment of The Faculty of Vehicles and Heavy Machinery

1970

New restructuring. Establishment of The Faculty Automotive and Heavy Machinery Engineering (SiMR) with four institutes:

  • Institute of Heavy Machinery
  • Institute of Machine Design Fundamentals
  • Institute of Vehicles
  • Institute of Transport

1972

Reduction in the number of Institutes to three. Institute of Transport becomes an independent entity on a faculty level.

Faculty in 1973

Faculty in 2002

Faculty in 2012